Have you noticed eggs are not the devil anymore? Anyone familiar with strength training has known how good they are for you since the famous strongman Eugen Sandow himself started picking up heavy things in the 1890’s.
There is even an add on T.V. doing the rounds touting the benefits of the humble egg. Oh its about time the madness finished and we can all go back to eating hormone free eggs like our grandparents did.
People often ask me what are good snacks to have between meals that will still allow them to achieve their body composition goals. Well, keeping with the theme, the Guacamole Deviled Egg is one of those snack ideas.
Here’s the recipe
- 4 organic eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp hot sauce of some sort
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 a red onion + jalapeno’s (optional)
- Peel hard-boiled eggs and cut in half length-wise. Spoon out yolks into a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with avocado, hot sauce and lemon juice. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Refill egg whites with the yolk mixture.
Instant snack that’s low carb, full of protein, good fat, fills you up and makes you strong and lean in the process. Now, about that moustache and leopard skin trunks Eugen used to sport……um?
See you in the gym!