People love a good list. So here’s a list of fat loss tips for you. Success leaves clues!
· Make sure there is 2-3 hours digestion time between your last meal and when you go to bed so as not to disturb your sleep pattern with reactive hypoglycemia.
· The amount of calories eaten at night needs to reflect the amount of calories you are going to burn. If all your going to do is eat and sit on the couch do you really need to be consuming 50% of your daily calories at dinner?
· Too much food in the stomach when sleeping will inhibit growth hormone production
· Eat protein at EVERY meal. Especially breakfast. People find it especially hard to eat protein at breakfast as they are in a rush blah blah blah. If you want something bad enough you will make time. Even if it means 2 scoops of protein powder in a blender with frozen berries, a fibre like cia, lsa, linseed and water. Takes 3 minnutes. No excuse – Meat and nuts works even better – click here
· Cook with butter or coconut oil not vegetable oil as its more stable at high heat and packed with nutrients for fat burning such as bituric acid. Plus butter tastes awesome. If you don’t like butter your probably an alien.
· Don’t fear fat from meat and fish but don’t go out of your way to eat extra fat despite the hype over some fats at the moment.
· Remove gluten for a while then reintroduce it to see of you can tolerate it. More HERE
· You may be unhappy because your job sucks. Get a new job and you might not pick on yourself so much
· Cover you vitamin basics with a multi vitamin. If you eat less than 5-7 serves of vegetables a day– click HERE
· Eat some low GI non gluten carbs after weight training to replenish muscle glycogen. This will limit muscle loss and is protein sparing. Sweet potato, rice and beans are best
· Eat protein and fat before you train to wake up your nervous system. Carbs often have the effect of calming you down and making you sluggish which is no good for pre weight training. Not in everyone but definitely in most.
· Coffee pre workout to mobilise fat stores and prime the nervous system for training
· Red meat in the morning, white meat during the day, turkey and fish at night. Red meat has a greater effect on neurotransmitters and turkey and fish has a greater calming effect
· If your on a low carb diet (ie less than 100g a day) eat carbs with dinner to calm you down and help you sleep. Small amount of fruit works best
· Bowel movements are great tool to assess digestive function and overall health. I sometimes give people a poop goal! A little bit of a sticky conversation but worth it…
· Have larger breakfast and lunches than dinner.
· Drink plenty of water. You’re 80% water bozo. Respect it!
· Take bcaa during your workout to maintain a steady flow of bcaas to the muscle to limit muscle breakdown and spark the anabolic cascade.
· Eat a lot of cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, spinach and kale with every meal to control insulin through fibre and aid the removal of toxins from the body
· Preparing your own food is the key. Yes it is slightly boring but if you want it bad enough you’ll do it
· Carbohydrate amounts are individual specific based on insulin sensitivity, age, gender, lean body mass, fat mass and amount of exercise done. I never go lower than 50g for more than two weeks and I never go higher than 500g for the largest weight training male using more juice than a boost store.
· All diets are useless if your gut and digestive system isn’t working. Always check gut integrity first
· The more stressed you are the less intense your workouts need to be
Hope that helps!